Organic Search and Organic SEO Techniques
Organic SEO, sometimes also referred to as Organic Search, is the technique of increasing website’s Search Engine Ranking through non-paid marketing initiatives. As opposed to paid search (wherein marketers pay a specific amount to see their advertisement featured on search engines or affiliated websites), Organic Search relies heavily on Highly Relevant Content and Specific Optimization Techniques.
Effective Organic SEO necessitates a deep understanding of search engines and the algorithms they use to determine a website’s ranking. Organic Search Optimization also requires a fair amount of Market Research and Competitive Intelligence Analysis in order to determine the most important keywords and create relevant content.
Relevant Content is the most essential factor contributing to the success of any Organic Search Campaign. With Organic Search Optimization, the content on your website is all that search engines have to refer to when determining your website’s relevance in relation to consumer’s search queries. That’s why working with a Professional SEO Copywriter is strongly recommended when optimizing your website organically.
Professional SEO Copywriters know how to seamlessly incorporate your most relevant keywords and key phrases into informational, resource-driven content – so as to be appealing to both search engines and to your clients. They should also be able to implement a number of “On-Page” optimization strategies to help search engines quickly analyze your website for relevance.
On-Page Optimization Techniques
Oftentimes, SEO Copywriters partner with more Comprehensive SEO Companies that offer a full range of Organic SEO Services. Together, SEO Companies and their Copywriters can provide your business website with proven On-Page Organic Search Optimization techniques including:
- Relevant and Researched Title Tag – Title Tags are one of the most important elements of Organic Search Optimization. Like URL’s, title tags should describe exactly what users can expect to find on a given page. But there’s more to Title Tag Optimization than simply writing descriptive page titles. Title tags must make effective use of a website’s most relevant and powerful keywords, while still adhering to industry “best practices.”
- Appropriate use of Keywords – Keywords are essentially the search terms users input in search engines to get information. As discussed, keywords must be thoroughly researched and strategically implemented, as with their inclusion in title tags and URL’s. Keywords should also be peppered throughout a web page’s content. Whether linked or not, keywords help search engines determine the content of the page.
- Description Tags – Description tags are the text that users see beneath the links on a SERP. They should contain a few keywords, but description tags are primarily for the user. Description tags are essentially short sentences that compel users to visit your site for more information. There is some debate as to whether search engines place much importance on the content of description tags, but there’s no debate as to whether they’re important for effective Organic Search Conversion.
- Appropriate URL Formatting – Many business owners underestimate the importance of the URL’s on their website. In fact, URL’s are one of the first places search engines look to determine a website’s relevance. Your URL’s should be as descriptive as possible while still adhering to Organic SEO industry standards and best practices.
is a much more effective URL than:
Not only is the former URL more pleasing and memorable to your website visitors, it’s also much more descriptive – allowing search engines to quickly gauge the type of information users will find on the page. Without appropriate URL formatting, even the most relevant pages on your website will likely be passed over in favor of a more descriptive URL somewhere else.
- Internal Linking – Internal linking simply refers to linking from one web page on your site to another. There are a number of reasons why good internal linking is essential to Organic Search Optimization. Solid internal linking can: ensure your website gets properly “crawled” (indexed by search engines) and that all pages are found; build relevance of a page to a keyword phrase and even increase the PageRank of an internal page.
- Effective use of the H Tags – H tags refers to the style of the text used on your website pages. There can be many levels of H-tags such as H1, H2, H3 etc. How you use your H-tags tell the search engines how much relevance you are giving to the appropriate keyword or key phrase. In-appropriate use of H-tags can penalize your website or dilute the effect of keywords you are trying to optimize the page for.
If you have any questions about Organic Search, how to SEO a website, or if you would like to request Organic Search Optimization Services, contact Level9Solutions. We are experts in Organic SEO and provide our clients with ongoing maintenance of their SEO initiatives. In addition, we partner with Professional SEO Copywriters to ensure our clients get the best possible content.